Use scraper to remove paint
Paint and varnish remover
Paint and varnish remover
Solvent free paint strippers, coatings removers and cleaners
Ideal for trade and industrial use
Researched, developed and manufactured in the UK. Trade Strip paint and varnish remover is a revolutionary unique innovative water-based paint stripper using “science not solvents” that is safer to its user and the environment than conventional hazardous solvents.
Trade Strip paint and varnish remover is ideal for use by the trade and industrial users (+Including Aerospace OMat 1/344). Economical to use – Goes further than hazardous solvent based strippers – Minimal VOC content (0.000004%, as certified by independent laboratory detection test.
Most DCM-free paint strippers have just replaced one hazardous solvent with another, but Eco Solutions patented technology removes the hazardous solvent content and replaces it with water.
Safer alternative to Methylene Chloride*, caustic poultices. as well as N-Methyl Pyrrolidone (NMP), Benzyl Alcohol, Ethanol or Dimethyl Sulphoxide. Ideal for use in sensitive and occupied premises such as homes, hospitals and schools.
*Eu Parliament agrees to ban paint stripper containing dichloromethane (14 January 2009).
Can be ordered through Brewers, Buildbase, Jewsons, Travis Perkins, or for aerospace +Cromwell/Med-Lab. Click on our stockists below for immediate purchase.
Water-based – “Tough not toxic” – Non Hazardous – Non Toxic – Non Caustic – PH Neutral – No Fumes – No Skin Burns – No Ventilation Required – Non flammable – Non combustible – Suitable for use around people with respiratory problems such as asthma sufferers – Working wet system, ideal for removal of lead-based paints – No H (hazard) or P (precautionary) statements on the label.
Available in 5 Litre and 15 Litre sizes.
Lead-based paints – Oil-based paints – Solvent-based paints – Water-based paints & emulsions – Polyurethanes – Stains – Varnishes and waxes – Intumescent paints – Rust-preventative surface coatings.
Ideal for use on all types of surfaces including wood (hard and soft) – Marble – Stone – Brick – Concrete – Plaster – Ceramic Tiles – GRP – Aluminium, Brass, Cast Iron and other soft metals.
Tried & Tested
Trade Strip Paint & Varnish Remover – Summary
- This is a water-based formula that is safe for use
- There’s nothing toxic about it; it’s tough
- No hazards, no toxins, no caustics
- This product has a neutral pH
- No fumes are present
- There is no risk of burning your skin (we advise you still wear suitable clothing, gloves and goggles)
- It is not necessary to work in a ventilated room or area
- Since it is non-flammable, there is no need to worry about the wood catching on fire
- A non-combustible material
- It can be used around people with respiratory problems, such as asthma
- Since it is a wet system, it clings to the surface and can be reacted with water if it dries
- Lead-based paint can be removed with ease with this product
- A ‘H’ (hazard) symbol is not present on the label
- The label does not contain any ‘P’ (precautionary) statements
- Safe for the environment
- Can be used on wood, metal and masonry
- It doesn’t create dust as sanding does
- Rapid and effective paint removal
- It won’t scratch the surface as sanding does
- You can get into awkward areas with a paint remover
- Gentle on wood and won’t damage its surface
- It removes the paint in the grain of the wood and doesn’t damage it
- It doesn’t discolour surfaces